Wednesday 22 February 2012

It's Competition Time

In January I spotted a competition on the Crabtree & Evelyn web site, something I could use my crochet skills for and perhaps win something.

The 50 winning entries would each receive a £100 giftcard.  They would then be put together to form a digital Mother's Day Patchwork, which would then appear in the window of every single Crabtree & Evelyn store in the UK as well as their website.

Both money and fame, that sounded exciting, so I entered a little crochet square.



After a thank you email everything went quiet and the deadline for notifying winners passed by.  So I thought ah well, that's that then.

Then, who'd have thought it, I made a winner.  I was one of the 50 winning entries, my name is on their website, my name!  Then I received this letter today.



Let's take a closer look at some of those winning entries, can you guess which one is mine?



It's the Framed Flower Square, that pops up in all three pictures.  Here are some close-ups.




I can't take all the credit though, the pattern comes from Melody Griffiths book, 201 Crochet, Blocks, Projects and Ideas and was crocheted in Stylecraft Special DK (Saffron, Pomegranate and Meadow), using a 3.75ml hook.

I shall be whizzing down to my local Crabtree & Evelyn store to spend my winnings and am very much looking forward to seeing the completed Mother's Day Patchwork design on February 29th.
Nellie P

No comments:

Post a Comment