Tuesday 25 January 2011

Say Hello to Whaley


Here's Whaley, only my third amigurumi project, but I am enormously proud of him.  He comes from Brigitte Read's book, Super Super Cute Crochet and took around 3 hours to make.


He was made using DK acrylic yarn and a 3mm crochet hook, I love this vivid colour.  I work for a publisher and he's currently making a splash (sorry) on our in-store posters.  He's a Superstar!



Having had a chance to look through Super Super Cute Crochet I would buy it just for the gorgeous pictures, especially the grey-kitten on page 16.  I would recommend this book for those with intermediate-level crochet skills who feel confident with the basics.  It's written using UK crochet terminology and it's now on my wish list.


Before I go I just wanted to say how surprised I am at how people react to amigurumi.  Whaley has produced a huge response, much more so than any scarf I might have spent weeks on.  I cannot exclude myself from this either.....a grown woman and already he's been named Whaley.


Ah, the craving for more cute Amigurumi has started.

No comments:

Post a Comment