Sunday 15 May 2011

Summer Garden Granny Throw Ta Da

Drum roll please.....
here it is finally.....
after four and a half months work.....
The completion of my first ever crochet blanket, Ta Da!!!  Look Look!!!
I am so pleased to have finished it and am so proud of myself.
Thank you to Attic24 for providing the instructions for the Summer Garden Granny Squares, the joining and the final edging.  Also thank you to Compact UK for crinkle-free border instructions.  I couldn't have completed the project without your virtual guidance.
It really makes me feel great just looking at it.  It makes me feel even better wrapping myself in it.  Wonderful blankety therapy.
Not forgetting some delicious stats:
120 Summer Garden Granny Squares.
8 Granny borders and then a final three-part shell edging.
Weighing in at 1.2 kg.
155 cm long by 135 cm wide.
Using just over 3.5 Kilometres of yarn (wow).
I used Stylecraft Special DK acrylic yarn throughout, approximately 12 balls of wool.
Total yarn cost, only £16 (double wow).
At least 50 hours work (and that's a conservative estimate), over the last four and a half months.
The blanket shall be adorning our bed.  That is until the arrival of our puppy next week, hmmmm think it will have to go somewhere safe until the chance of a chewing has abated.
Next blog - my blanket learnings.  All the things I have learnt and some things I would do differently next time.
Nellie P

No comments:

Post a Comment